Supplemental Data Access
This page describes how to access supplemental files affiliated with DR17. These files support ASPCAP analyses with the alternative libraries.
Motivation and Overview
To aid users who might want to dig deeper into these issues, we provide several supplemental ASPCAP analyses, with different synthetic libraries, in addition to the default DR17 analysis:
- default DR17 analysis: Synspec with NLTE for Na, Mg, K, Ca
- As noted in the Caveats, a bookkeeping error related to the LSF grids used for some of the LCO stars was made in the initial DR17 analysis (the synspec file directory), which results to small changes in parameters and abundances for about 113000 stars.
This has been fixed and the revised version is released in the synspec_rev1 file directory. We recommend users adopt synspec_rev1 results.
- Synspec LTE: Synspec using LTE calculations
- Turbospectrum : Turbospectrum 20, using LTE calculations, with spherical geometry for the radiative transfer for logg <=3.0
- Turbospectrum plane-parallel : Turbospectrum 20, using LTE, but specifying plane-parallel geometry for the radiative transfer for all stars (as is done by Synspec)
For each of these analyses, we provide summary allStar files, as well as all of the support ASPCAP files, in separate directory trees on the SAS. The supplemental results are not available through the CAS.
|Synthesis||allStar file||ASPCAP directory|
|DR17 Synspec rev1||allStar-dr17-synspec_rev1.fits||https://data.sdss.org/sas/dr17/apogee/spectro/aspcap/dr17/synspec_rev1/|
| DR17 Synspec
|Turbospectrum 20, plane-parallel||allStar-dr17-turbo20_pp.fits||https://data.sdss.org/sas/dr17/apogee/spectro/aspcap/dr17/turbo20_pp/|