Welcome to the SDSS collaboration!
- Join mailing lists, where important information such as project and paper announcements, ancillary targeting calls, survey meeting details, job opportunities, and other things are announced.
- Announce your own SDSS projects and publications
- Join the discussion of ongoing decisions within the collaboration
- Find information on proprietary data, including proprietary Data Release 15, now available to the collaboration members.
Only interested in making the most of the current public data? Then our current data release page will get you started.
Getting a Wiki Account
- Go to the registration page of the SDSS wiki and complete all the steps.
- When you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking for approval, cc your Collaboration Council representative, asserting that you are covered by an SDSS-IV data agreement.
- You may look up the relevant person to cc on the Collaboration Council page. If your institution is not listed there then you are at an associate institution with < 3 slots or working with an external participant and should cc David Wake, who is your CoCo representative.
- If you are suffering writer’s block about writing the requested email, please cut, paste, and edit the following as needed:
Dear Trac Admin,
My name is XXX from YYY University and I would like to register for an SDSS wiki account. YYY University is a full SDSS member institution (or, I am working with Dr. QQQ who is an SDSS member at the associate YYY institution, or whatever is appropriate) and therefore I have SDSS data rights.
My username is sdssisgreat.
You can see whether your institution is a full member institution, associate institution, etc. here.
- If you have not heard back from trac-admin in 2 days, then double-check that you remembered to include your username. If so, then please check in with email@example.com. If not, then send your request again, this time with your username.
Behind the scenes, our very own Director, Mike Blanton, will be happily approving your wiki account.
SDSS Password for Data Access
What to do once you have a Wiki Account
- Immediately sign up for firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list . This is required of all sdss4 members. The number of messages averages 1 a day, but they are critical announcements of projects, publications, external collaborator requests, leadership opportunities, and collaboration meetings.
- While on the lists of mailing lists, please see if there are other relevant mailing lists you would like to join. Many of these mailing lists are very active. Key communications include announcements of times and agendas for telecons, notes from telecons, calibration, targeting, and data reduction and processing discussions. They are an immediate way to tap into the expertise of the collaboration
- APOGEE-2, eBOSS (including SPIDERS & TDSS), and MaNGA each have their own Quick Start guides: